In the Land of the Vikings

Friday, November 24, 2006

Goodbye Iceland, Hello Morocco!

Some last images of Iceland, I think the fall was my favourite time of year here (as it is back in Canada.) Even though there are no trees, the colours are still magnificent.

Viti Crater, or Hell Crater for the english speakers. Another Juho panorama.

Well, Icelandair came through. They agreed to change my flight. My new itinerary includes a 2 and a half week stay in Morocco! I have wanted to go to Morocco for quite some time and am looking forward to the hammams, the surfing, the camels, the souqs, and all the unknowns.

Leaving Iceland is definitely hard. I hope I make it back one day. I'd like to thank everyone for all the nice emails while I was here. It made it easier to be away from home. Looking fwd to seeing friends and family back in Canada

6 Comments:

  • Hi!

    I don`t wanna complain or anything but the crater in the picture isn`t Viti. It`s KeriĆ°. Viti is the one we visited and where the small lake in the bottom was frozen.

    Anyway, hope you have a good stay in Morocco. We went to see Magni`s band in Sjallinn last night. It was OK but too many lame Icelandic songs for me.

    Juho

    By Blogger J, at 6:47 AM  

  • Well hope you have a nice time in Marocco. behave in the best manner and dont eat too much of that yellow snow.

    By Blogger Steinn, at 7:41 AM  

  • I don't even know where Morocco is! And you've wanted to go there for some time... what will you do there?

    By Blogger mari, at 11:13 AM  

  • I've finally found your blog again :) Post something about Marocco when you get back!
    Maya's already left to Finland and we had a mini goodbye party at her place lately.
    By the way - we remember about Cuban address, but didn't meet with that guy yet. You'll get it one day though.

    Staszek

    By Blogger Viraptor, at 9:36 AM  

  • what? Morocco is keeping you too busy to post?

    By Blogger mari, at 9:03 PM  

  • NO computers in Morocco?

    By Blogger Zanitram, at 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home