In the Land of the Vikings

Friday, November 03, 2006

Shake, rattle, and roll.

Something new for me...earthquakes! A couple days ago I was sitting on my bed reading a book when I felt, and saw, my bedroom walls shake. At first I thought someone had slammed the door really, really hard! I couldn't think of who would have been so mad! I then heard that there had been an earthquake just outside of Husavik (an hour north of Akureyri, or so) that registered 5.0 on the Richter scale. So that was kind of cool.



I had to do a presentation in Icelandic language the other day about my life back in Canada. This meant going through my pictures. I found a couple funny ones from the summer, and a nice one of flowers that Matt took on one of his hikes this past summer. I don't think you can beat Canada for sheer beauty.

1 Comments:

  • My first thought was that Sally came to visit you! then I noticed the Mounty. When are you coming back to Canada? Homesick yet? Or just enjoying the ride?

    By Blogger mari, at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home